Rush University students participating in the April 29, 2023 Commencement will order regalia through the Intent to Graduate Form, which is due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, December 16, 2022 for Fall Graduates and Saturday, February 25, 2023 for Spring and Summer Graduates. All student regalia is rented at no cost to graduating students but must be returned to the UIC Parking Garage immediately following the ceremony.
Each student regalia packet includes:
- Cap/Tam (one size fits all)
- Stole (Bachelor degrees)
- Hood (Master’s and Doctoral degrees)
- Honor cords (Bachelor degrees)
- Gold Cord — summa cum laude (3.8-4.0)
- Silver Cord — magna cum laude (3.6-3.79)
- Bronze Cord — cum laude (3.4-3.59)
Please note, individual colleges or programs may hand out additional honor cords or stoles.
Students may keep their caps, tassels, stoles, and honor cords as keepsake items following the ceremony, however, all gowns and hoods must be returned immediately following the commencement ceremony. Students may incur charges if gowns and hoods are not returned.
The deadline to complete the Intent to Graduate form, which includes regalia sizing information, is Friday, Dec. 16, 2022 for Fall Graduates and Saturday, Feb. 25, 2023 for Spring and Summer Graduates.
Students who do not place their regalia orders by the deadline will need to reach out to RU_Commencement@rush.edu to make necessary arrangements. Late orders may be accommodated with generic sized regalia.
Custom Regalia Orders
Students, faculty or alumni members who would like to purchase custom regalia to own may do so through the University’s vendor, Herff Jones. To place your custom regalia order, contact our representative, Mo Olson, directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All custom orders must be received by Friday, Feb. 3, 2023 in order to have regalia made, shipped and received in time for the Commencement ceremony. Custom orders will be shipped directly to the purchaser’s home.
All students, faculty or staff participating in the Commencement ceremony on April 29, 2023, will have multiple opportunities to pick up their rented regalia in preparation for the event. The pick-up process is quick and simple and only requires a Rush University ID!
Regalia Distribution Dates will be held in AAC 994AB:
- Tuesday, April 11 - 8 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday, April 12 - noon - 4 p.m.
- Thursday, April 13 - 3 - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 18 - 8 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday, April 19 - noon - 4 p.m.
- Thursday, April 20, 3 - 6 p.m.
Students unable to attend a regalia distribution event may do one of the following:
- Ask a friend or colleague to pick up the regalia in your place.
- Pick up regalia immediately prior to the Commencement ceremony. Regalia will be available in the Credit Union 1 Arena garage for students and the Credit Union 1 Arena Vomitory for faculty and staff beginning at noon on April 29, 2023. Please keep in mind that if you pick up your regalia at UIC immediately prior to the ceremony, you will not be able to steam or iron out any wrinkles.
The Commencement Committee highly recommends picking up regalia prior to the day of the ceremony.