Skip to main content

New & Transfer Students

NEW students

Welcome to RUSH University! Here are the next steps you will need to take as a newly admitted student. 

  • After you receive your RUSH admission letter, please email for instructions on how to complete the I-20 Request Form. International students use the Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status” to pay their SEVIS fee, apply for a student visa, enter the United States and to apply for benefits after arrival.

    Document Checklist - Below is a list of documents necessary to issue your I-20.

    • Admission letter
    • Copy of passport biographical page
    • Proof of financial support
    • TOEFL scores or waiver
Transfer students

After being admitted to an academic program,  be sure to email promptly for instructions.

  • Here are the steps for transferring an I-20 to Rush University:

    1. Be admitted to an academic program at RUSH University.
    2. Promptly email for the full I-20 request form instructions. You will be required to provide a copy of your passport biographic page, current I-20, visa, I-94, proof of financial support, RUSH admission letter, and TOEFL score (if applicable).
    3. Check your RUSH email regularly for important class registration information and orientation information.
    4. RUSH University International Student Services will provide you a copy of your an updated I-20 (called the Continued Attendance I-20) following the beginning of your first term.

    Please be reminded, there may be no more than 5 months between schools from either the last day of attendance or last day of Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT), whichever is later.

Contact Us

International Student Services

Armour Academic Center, Suite 440 600 S. Paulina Chicago, IL 60612

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Phone: (312) 942-2030