Welcome to RUSH University! Here are the next steps you will need to take as a newly admitted student.
After you receive your RUSH admission letter, please email International_Students@rush.edu for instructions on how to complete the I-20 Request Form. International students use the Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status” to pay their SEVIS fee, apply for a student visa, enter the United States and to apply for benefits after arrival.
Document Checklist - Below is a list of documents necessary to issue your I-20.
- Admission letter
- Copy of passport biographical page
- Proof of financial support
- TOEFL scores or waiver
After being admitted to an academic program, be sure to email email@example.com promptly for instructions.
Here are the steps for transferring an I-20 to Rush University:
- Be admitted to an academic program at RUSH University.
- Promptly email firstname.lastname@example.org for the full I-20 request form instructions. You will be required to provide a copy of your passport biographic page, current I-20, visa, I-94, proof of financial support, RUSH admission letter, and TOEFL score (if applicable).
- Check your RUSH email regularly for important class registration information and orientation information.
- RUSH University International Student Services will provide you a copy of your an updated I-20 (called the Continued Attendance I-20) following the beginning of your first term.
Please be reminded, there may be no more than 5 months between schools from either the last day of attendance or last day of Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT), whichever is later.