About the College of Nursing
The College of Nursing’s national reputation for clinical excellence helps make our graduates highly sought after by top health care employers around the country. Well over 7,000 baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral students have graduated from RUSH University’s College of Nursing. Current nursing programs are offered from the master’s through the doctoral (DNP and PhD) levels. The generalist entry master’s (GEM) is the prelicensure program for entry into RN practice. Students are automatically members of the Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Nurses Alumni Association upon graduation.
- Our Mission: The mission of Rush University College of Nursing is to integrate nursing practice, scholarship, and education throughout the diverse communities we serve and to boldly lead health care transformation to ensure health equity across the continuum of care.
- Our Vision: Our vision is to lead nursing practice scholarship while driving health equity.
Explore programs from the list below to get more information about admissions, tuition and everything you need to know to choose the health care career education path that’s right for you.
Find a College of Nursing Program
The College of Nursing uses a holistic admissions process. Find out more about admissions and information on how to apply for programs and financial aid, grants and scholarships.
RUSH University College of Nursing receives high rankings every year from U.S. News & World Report, reinforcing its national reputation for excellence in nursing education.
Forces that drive the College of Nursing to be a national leader in health care include our engaged faculty, quality online instruction options, personalized admissions process and more.
RUSH is dedicated to providing students with a range of resources, grants, scholarships and loans to help pay for their education. The College of Nursing has dedicated merit scholarships for diverse and underrepresented students in nursing.
The RUSH community strives to be an intentionally inclusive setting where students will thrive in learning, co-curricular and community experiences. Our values are reflected in the diversity of our faculty and student body.
STTI membership is by invitation to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students who demonstrate excellence in scholarship and to nurse leaders exhibiting exceptional achievements in nursing. The Gamma Phi chapter at RUSH proudly upholds the high standards of this prestigious organization.
Read stories from RUSH nursing students, educators, clinicians and researchers in our annual magazine.
Hear how we are leading the way in transforming health equity curriculum, how RUSH is redefining what discovery science and scholarship means in nursing, and how our students are prepared to tackle the changing landscape of health care.
Explore the future of nurse practitioners, new models of care for homeless youth, and how RUSH is engaging with community partners to improve health care disparities on Chicago’s West Side.
A look at the Generalist Entry Master’s/Clinical Nurse Leader program, sex education via social media, and profiles of CON students' unique journeys to nursing careers.
College of Nursing Administrative Office
Armour Academic Center
600 S. Paulina St., Suite 1080
Chicago, IL 60612
Rush University Alumni Office
1201 W. Harrison St., Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60607
- The College of Nursing is recognized for decades of dedication to the advancement of men in the nursing profession In recognition of an…
- Dr. Wrenetha Julion, Dr. Fred Brown and Dr. Frank Hicks honored for excellence in healthcare and nursing In a momentous celebration of…
- Three students and three faculty members from across RUSH University have been selected as 2023-24 Schaalman Faculty and Student Fellows by the RUSH…
- Nursing Trailblazer, Inspirational Educator Inducted Into American Academy of Nursing's 2023 Class of FellowsRUSH College of Nursing's assistant professor and director of the nationally recognized Transformational Leadership Program, Melinda Earle, DNP…
- It is a joy to once again share news from the RUSH University College of Nursing. Our students, staff and faculty have been hard at work, and we’re…
- For Golden Lamp Society scholarship recipient Charlene Gamboa, PhD ’21, being a trailblazer has come with big challenges — and rewards RUSH… Related News, College of Nursing