Our program is intended for nurses who already have an advanced practice doctorate of nursing practice degree and want to become a neonatal specialist.
Your curriculum is individualized based on your previous graduate work.
You must complete 12-28 credit hours, depending on previous coursework and your areas of focus. And you must complete 400 clock hours of clinical instruction.
In addition, a minimum of 600 clinical practicum hours are required.
Our program prepares you for eligibility for board certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner by the National Certification Corporation.
Program graduates have an exceptional first-time pass rate on the national exam.
- NSG - 547 Neonatal Pathophysiology (Credits: 3)
- NSG - 548 Advanced Neonatal Physical Assessment (Credits: 3)
Specialty curriculum content
- NSG - 546 Developmental Physiology of the Fetus/Neonate (Credits: 3)
- NSG - 549 Neonatal Pharmacotherapeutics (Credits: 3)
- NSG - 550A Neonatal Management I (Credits: 3)
- NSG - 550B Neonatal Management II (Credits: 3)
- NSG - 550C Neonatal Management III (Credits: 3)
- NRS - 541P Specialty Practicum (Credits: 1-12)
- Credit hours: 4, clock hours: 336 Clock Hours
- NRS - 600P Specialty Residency (Credits: 1-7)
- Credit hours: 3, clock hours: 252
Refer to the course catalog for our most up-to-date curriculum information.