The MSN Nursing Leadership: Clinical Nurse Leader program prepares RNs with a BS in nursing to take leadership roles.
You will assume accountability for the health outcomes within a microsystem for patients across a variety of clinical settings.
Promoting health, reducing risk, and improving outcomes are critical elements in your role as a clinical nurse leader.
You will be prepared to conduct the following:
- Assume formal leadership roles in acute and outpatient setting
- Bring a high level of clinical competence and knowledge to individuals and clinical populations across the continuum of care
- Coordinate care across multiple settings
- Put evidence-based practice into action to ensure that patients benefit from the latest innovations in care delivery
- Serve as a resource for the clinical team through implementation of quality improvement measures
You learn from faculty who are active practitioners in their field at a top-tier academic medical center, RUSH University Medical Center.
This means many program advisers and faculty have extensive experience that will enrich your learning.
Most students are able to continue full-time work while participating in this part-time program.
A number of core courses transfer into our Doctor of Nursing Practice programs if you decide to pursue your DNP degree in the future.
You will get assistance with clinical placement from our Clinical Placement Coordinator.
Program Length and Location
Our program takes two years to complete, with an average of two courses per term.
All didactic courses are delivered in an online format, and clinical experiences can be completed where you are located.
You may complete the clinical residency requirement at your place of employment.
Due to different state regulations and limitations, we cannot guarantee clinical practica placement if you move to another state.
We require two brief campus visits during the program.
At RUSH University, we know your education is a big investment. We want to make sure you have all the information to be able to make the best financial decisions for you and your family.
Tuition for the MSN Nursing Leadership: Clinical Nurse Leader program is $1,344 per credit hour.
Learn about student financial aid options.
MSN Nursing Leadership: Clinical Nurse Leader for RNs Career Opportunities
Employers report that clinical nurse leaders are superior patient advocates, excellent problem-solvers and committed to high quality care at the bedside.
Master’s-prepared clinical nurse leaders are actively recruited by acute care and community settings.
There is a high demand for our graduates.
- Director, Generalist EducationDepartment of Adult Health and Gerontological Nursing
- Assistant ProfessorDepartment of Women, Children and Family Nursing
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of Women, Children and Family Nursing
- ProfessorDepartment of Community, Systems and Mental Health Nursing
Academic Advancement Director
Learn about upcoming sessions and events in your field of interest.
Sign up to receive more information about this program.