Center for Clinical Wellness
All currently enrolled students are eligible to receive free, confidential services throughout their time at RUSH. Students explore a wide range of issues in individual therapy, including depression and anxiety, relationship concerns, sexual orientation and “coming out” issues, eating disorders, substance use and abuse, academic difficulties, bereavement, family mental illness and career issues. Our trained mental health professionals are here to support you with both on-site and telehealth appointments.
Center for Clinical Wellness
Triangle Office Building, Suite 150
1700 Van Buren Street
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
RUSH Student Assistance Program
What happens in your life matters. The RUSH Student Assistance Program is here to help you.
RUSH University provides students and their families a free, confidential resource for support and counseling — the RUSH Student Assistance Program (SAP). Beginning in June, the RUSH SAP has a new partner providing this service, ComPsych GuidanceResources.
You can contact the RUSH SAP by ComPsych GuidanceResources in the following new ways:
- Call (877) 465-1324, choose 2 if you are a student
- Create an account at guidanceresources.com (use “Rush” as web ID)
- Download the GuidanceNow app
Support When You Need It to Take Care of Life’s Matters
Sometimes, everyday responsibilities and demands on your time can feel overwhelming, and balance in your life can seem out of reach. ComPsych counselors and social workers will provide support 24/7 to help you take care of life’s matters. ComPsych is a leader in behavioral health with significant experience in the health care industry.
Free, Confidential Services
The RUSH SAP can help you:
- Balance school, work and life
- Find child care or elder care
- Address financial and legal issues
- Deal with relationship concerns
- Cope with emotional stress such as anxiety, depression, grief or other feelings
- Get help for alcohol and drug dependence
Initial services — up to six sessions per topic — are free for RUSH University students and their families. Longer-term services may be free, discounted or have a cost. When you call, the SAP counselor can explain your options.
The RUSH SAP protects your privacy and ensures that the services it provides are completely confidential.
How the RUSH SAP Works
The RUSH SAP provides you a single point of contact — a real person answers your call. Here’s what you can expect:
- GuidanceConsultants, generally masters- and PhD-level counselors and social workers, begin by listening, asking questions and collecting information about your situation.
- You can speak to them by phone, video conference or online chat.
- They will assist you or refer you to other SAP counselors, specialists, support groups or community resources that can help.
- You can receive short-term support or counseling for each challenge — usually up to six free sessions at no cost to you.
- The Rush SAP will help you find longer-term services if needed through the RUSH Center for Clinical Wellness or from other providers, including those covered under any medical plan in which you are enrolled.
- If your situation is an emergency, the RUSH SAP will direct you to immediate help.
Student Assistance and Support
Students can sometimes face unanticipated life events and challenges that can disrupt their studies and ability to focus on their goals. We are here to support you.
If you are experiencing challenges and need to talk to someone, please don’t hesitate to take the following steps:
- Fill out the Student Assistance Form that will automatically route to RUSH Wellness to begin the intake process.
- You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Page the RUSH Wellness team 24/7 at (312) 942-6000, ext. 2323. Your Page will be responded to within 60 minutes or less. (note: for life threatening matters, please contact 911)
Student Insurance Program
As an institution focused on health sciences education, RUSH University knows that good health is essential to academic success. At Rush, we are committed to the health and well-being of all of our students, so we are pleased to announce that we will once again offer Academic Health Plans (AHP), in partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS), as our student health insurance carrier.
Highlights of the plan include the following:
- Access to the extensive Blue Cross Blue Shield network of providers
- Dedicated website for Rush University students, with detailed information about plan benefits, eligibility requirements, rates, coverage periods and more
- Online account management, including the ability to enroll online and download temporary ID cards
- Enhanced benefits package that meets all requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Worldwide coverage for global emergency services at no additional cost
- Competitive premium cost
Coverage under the plan will be automatic for RUSH Medical College students. Students in other colleges will have the option of selecting AHP or providing evidence of coverage under another plan. Please visit https://rush.myahpcare.com/ if you have any questions or need more information.
Please review this important information regarding immunizations.
The RUSH Fitness Center is open to all students (student rate is $26 per month) and features cardio equipment, circuit and free weights, a variety of group exercise classes and personal training. Locker rooms with showers and towel service are available.