Each term, students can register and find the course schedule within the Self-Service system. Classes are filled according to the following priority order:
- Continuing students
- New students
To avoid late registration fees, continuing students must register using the portal before the first day of the term. An email is sent to students when the course schedule becomes available. Students can also use the portal to add and drop courses during the add/drop periods. Students should ensure registration accuracy by reviewing their schedule on the portal. This process differs for students in programs where batch registration occurs.
Many RUSH University students are batch registered each term by the Office of the Registrar. Students who are not batch registered will need to self-register via Student Planning within the Self-Service system. In some cases, a student may need to self-register for certain coursework, even if they are batch registered into their core program requirements (details are included in the below chart). Students will be notified by email at their RUSH email account when registration opens for a given term.
- Need help accessing Self-Service? Click here.
- Need help registering in Student Planning Self-Service? Click here.
The Office of the Registrar is unable to register students who have registration holds.
Please refer to the chart below to determine how you will be registered each term.
Course Schedules and Important Dates
- Course schedules are available online (login required) for current students.
- A PDF copy of the Spring 2024 section listing for College of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, and The Graduate College is available here.
- A PDF copy of the Spring 2024 section listing for RUSH Medical College is available here.
Please note, the schedule contains lines for each course's room assignments, which sometimes are not finalized. When courses have multiple room assignments per date, students should contact their program to retrieve individualized schedules.
For important dates, please visit the Academic Calendar page.
For Spring 2024 semester, there will be four batch registration dates:
- Batch Registration Day 1: Friday, November 3, 2023
- Batch Registration Day 2: Friday, December 1, 2023
- Batch Registration Day 3: Friday, December 15, 2023
Students who are unable to be batch registered on any of the four Batch Registration Days will be required to self-register for the Spring 2024 semester.
Updates to Course Section Numbers
Online instruction percentage definitions are attached to section numbers in order to assist students, faculty, and staff in identifying and reporting course modality:
- Online-All (OA)
- Online-Virtual (OV)
- Online-Traditional (OT)
- Online-Synchronous (OS)
- Blended-Traditional (BT)
- Hyflex (HF)
- Web Enhanced (WE)
- Face-to-Face (FF)
For a full explanation of the definitions, please click here. For questions, please contact your advisor/program coordinator/program director.
Registration is complete only when tuition and other charges are paid or satisfactory arrangements for payment are made. Tuition is due by the first Friday of each term.
Prior to Registration
The following should be addressed prior to registration:
- Academic advisement — Students should consult with their academic advisers each term to ensure they are registering for the correct classes and remain on track to complete their degree requirements. Students should also consult their department's student handbook and the Rush University catalog for information regarding graduation requirements, and other department or University policies.
- Registration holds — Students must address registration holds (e.g., missing transcripts, missing or out-of-date immunizations, financial hold, incomplete mandatory trainings) prior to signing up for classes. Students with registration holds can see those holds in the Notifications section of Self-Service.
Auditing a Course
Permission must be granted by the course instructor (and often the program director) for a student to audit a course. Students who wish to audit a course should complete the Pass/Fail or Audit Course Request Form before end of day on the Friday of the first week of the term.