Deadline: January 8, 2024
Term Starts: September 3, 2024
Application: Opens January 9, 2024
Preferred Deadline: August 13, 2024
Term Starts: January 6, 2025
You are required to successfully complete all of the courses below, with a C grade or better, by the application deadline. We recommend, but do not require, that you complete a laboratory component for each of these courses.
- General Chemistry I*
- Human Anatomy**
- Human Physiology**
*We do not accept Introductory Chemistry, Basic Chemistry, Fundamentals of Chemistry or Foundations of Chemistry. Only one term of General Chemistry is required.
**Anatomy and Physiology can be taken as two separate courses or as Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II. We recommend, but do not require, that you have completed a Human Anatomy and Physiology course within the last three years.
***We do not accept Cellular and Molecular Biology in place of Microbiology.
We take a holistic approach to reviewing applicant credentials. You are more than just a test score. GRE scores are not required.
We take the time to thoroughly review all of your credentials. Our program welcomes, and is enriched by, applicants from a variety of backgrounds.
Applications are evaluated based on the following:
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum) from an accredited institution.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Substantive answer to the personal essay question (included in the Program Materials section of NursingCAS).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Letters must be from faculty or work managers.
- Choose recommenders who can evaluate your current or prospective clinical and leadership abilities, critical thinking and potential for program completion.
- Recommendations from friends, relatives or co-workers are not accepted. Your application will be delayed or denied.
- Resume or CV that includes the following:
- Community service.
- Educational, leadership and professional activities.
- Scholarly activities (publications, presentations, research, honors and awards).
- Work experience.
- TOEFL scores if required
- Faculty interview (by invitation only).
- Completed prerequisite courses.
Applications will not be considered if information is inaccurate or any of the required information is missing.
How to Apply to the Generalist Entry Master's in Nursing
Applications are submitted through NursingCAS, the centralized application service for nursing. NursingCAS collects and processes your application documents and verifies transcripts. We use the information from NursingCAS to make our admission decision.
How to apply:
- Submit a completed application to NursingCAS.
- You will be asked to enter the specific program (MSN for Non-Nurses: Generalist Entry Master's (GEM)) and term of entry.
- You may apply to only one RUSH program and one admission term.
- Pay the non-refundable $60 fee to NursingCAS.
- Complete the brief RUSH supplemental application, which will be sent to you after submitting your application to NursingCAS. The supplemental application fee is $40.
We recommend that you complete your application and have all official transcripts sent to Nursing CAS well before the application deadline. It can take several weeks for NursingCAS to verify and process your transcripts.
Applications that are inaccurate or incomplete will not be considered for admission.
We welcome applicants who hold Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) status.