Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Need-Based: No
- Interest rates
- Please view studentaid.gov for the most recent interest rates.
- Loan fees
- Please view studentaid.gov for the most recent loan fees.
- Grace period
- Six months
You may be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness. Borrowers will need to work with their servicers to determine eligibility. Additional info regarding Public Service Loan Forgiveness may be found at studentloans.gov.
To be offered a both a Federal Direct Subsidized Loan & Federal Unsubsidized Direct loan, you must meet the following criteria:
- Apply for student financial assistance with the university and meet the required eligibility requirements,
- Accept or reject each type of assistance offered,
- Complete both a master promissory note and entrance counseling session (for all new borrowers).
Loan interest information
Interest on the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans accrues from the moment of disbursement and throughout the entire life of the loan. The loan origination fee will be deducted from your disbursements by the government before the funds are issued.