- For all utility emergencies, notify the hospital operations administrator on call at pager 7123 and RUSH Security at (312) 942-5678.
- If evacuation of the building is required, exit using the stairways. Do not use elevators. Seek out persons needing assistance.
- When mechanical ventilation is interrupted, vapors of chemicals may reach hazardous concentration levels. Laboratory personnel should secure experiments or activities that may present a danger when the electrical power is off, or when it is restored unexpectedly. Close sashes on fume hoods and clean up or put away chemicals. Notify the lab supervisor immediately.
- Do not perform procedures using hazardous materials until power is restored.
Flooding or water break
- If flooding occurs, stop using all electrical devices.
- Notify RUSH Security and evacuate the area or building.
- Cease all operations immediately and evacuate the area as soon as possible, notifying others as you leave.
- Call RUSH Security.
- Do not switch lights on or off. Do not take time to open windows or close doors.
- Do not re-enter the building until cleared to do so by the fire department, police or security services.
People trapped in elevator
- If you are trapped, use the emergency phone in the elevator or push the alarm button. Or use a wireless phone to call RUSH Security at (312) 942-5678. Wait for help to arrive. Remain calm.
- If you discover trapped people, talk to them and try to keep them calm until an officer or other help arrives.