- Rush University or Rush Security initiates shelter-in-place procedures.
- Ensure all appropriate persons are inside buildings or rooms.
- If possible, account for all persons in your designated area.
- Secure doors and windows, if possible.
- Keep all persons away from exposed windows and doors.
- All persons are to remain in the secured area until “all clear” is declared by emergency personnel.
- Evacuation assembly locations have been determined for all buildings; review evacuation locations.
- Occupants should use the nearest and safest exit after the order to evacuate has been given.
- Occupants should avoid blocking entrance routes to buildings to allow emergency responders unhindered access.
- Based on type of emergency, occupants may be instructed to evacuate farther from certain areas; please remain attentive to all emergency communications.
- Remain calm at all times and follow established procedures for safe evacuation.