- Call Rush Security immediately and if safe, remain on scene until Rush Security arrives.
- Do not interfere with combatants.
- Issue verbal commands to stop or cease activity.
- Make note of any weapons or witnesses to event.
- Attend to victims, if possible.
- If necessary, assist with dispersal of crowd.
If you are threatened by violence or a weapon on campus
- Call Rush Security immediately.
- Tell Rush Security who the suspect person is with a thorough description of the suspect, the location of the weapon and if any threats have been made.
- Keep detailed notes of crisis event for responders. Take note of suspect with detailed description (height, weight, race, hair, clothing).
- Provide secure sheltering if applicable.
- Wait for “all clear” message from Rush Security before resuming activities.
- If threatened by a weapon, do not try and disarm the person.
- Back away and remain calm. Call Security to escalate to a code silver.