The CENTER FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE (CAE) provides holistic, targeted learning support for RUSH University students.
The services provided in the CAE are free to all RUSH students and include the following:
- We are available to help out during any stage of the writing process, from brainstorming and organizing ideas to revision and final editing.
- We can teach you how to format papers in APA, and answer specific questions about APA conventions.
- Our English as a Second Language (ESL) Specialist is trained to help English language learners with sentence structure, word form and word choice, grammar, punctuation and pronunciation.
- 1-on-1 Zoom workshops: Our Academic Specialists make appointments that work with your schedule to build your writing skills and improve your academic success and confidence.
- We help with course papers, theses, dissertations, personal statements, and cv/resumes.
- Assistance in statistics coursework and review of mathematical concepts.
- Support with SPSS, Excel, and REDCap.
- Available to assist with most research projects.
- Quantitative and qualitative research support is available for projects, capstones, theses, and dissertations.
- Academic coaches can offer guidance from start to finish so you do not miss a step.
- Academic Coaches make 1-on-1 appointments that work with your schedule to support your professional goals and aid in your academic success and confidence.
- Improve your academic performance by getting help with time management skills, study skills, and text anxiety.
- Faculty may schedule course support sessions with CAE staff to provide supplemental instruction on a range of topics including writing, academic skills, metacognition and learning, REDCap, and project organization and planning.
- Developed in collaboration with faculty, these sessions are tailored to provide proactive learning support early in the assignment timeline.
- The CAE oversees the formatting and final copy submission of all RUSH theses and dissertations to ProQuest Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Administrator (ETD)
- Please refer to the CAE Manuals, Handouts and Online Tools page to view our presentation on ProQuest ETD.
- If you have any questions regarding processes presented, please contact our office at email@example.com
Important Deadlines for Thesis & Dissertation Submissions
First Submission: 07/07/23
Suggested Defense: 07/24/23 to 08/18/23
Final Submission: 08/22/23
First Submission: 10/09/23
Suggested Defense: 11/13/23 to 12/01/23
Final Submission: 12/08/23
Format check Submission Deadline: 02/12/2024
Recommended Defense Dates: 03/18/2024 to 04/05/2024
Final Submission: 04/15/2024
For information regarding the format check and submission process, please visit our LibGuide. For any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.