The purpose of the miRNA Core Lab is to facilitate research at Rush, and beyond, in both the qualitative and quantitative measurement and analysis of microRNA and gene expression in tissues and cell types of interest. The core also has expertise in genomic data analysis, using modern statistical tools.
- Applied Biosystems' advanced quantitative PCR instruments, Thermo Fisher ViiA 7 and 7900HT Fast real-time PCR systems with 96- and 384-well capabilities
- Bio-Rad MJ Research Dyad and PTC 200 PCR systems with multi-block thermals for routine PCR applications
- ChemiDoc XRS with Quantity One software for gel imaging and quantitation
- NanoDrop technology for accurate measurement of quality and quantity for DNA and RNA
- DNA/RNA/microRNA preparation from cultured cells or tissues
- DNA and RNA extraction from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) archived tissues
- DNA/RNA concentration assays
- PCR and RT-PCR
- Real-time PCR
- DNA/RNA electrophoresis
- Real-time RT-PCR-based gene-expression microarrays
- Experimental design consultation
- Data analysis from genomic experiments
Expected turnaround time is two weeks or less for routine assays.
View price sheet. If a service is not listed, please contact us for a free initial consultation.