Skip to main content

Awards and Finances

  • Looking for Rush financial statements and single audit reports? Find them here

Once Rush University receives your funding and has the notice of your award, our Fund Accounting team will set up your account in Rush’s LINK system. You should work with your department and/or research administrator to establish labor distributions for you and your team, as well as subawards and subcontracts, if necessary.

Your research administrator can provide guidance on expenses or projections as necessary. You also may be required to submit annual progress reports and/or financial statements.

Your award will be governed by separate divisions of the Office of Research Affairs, depending on its source:

  • The Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) oversees grants and/or contracts (National Institutes of Health and other federally funded awards).
  • The Clinical Research Administration (CRA) manages contracts (industry sponsored funding).
  • Philanthropy manages grants (private philanthropic foundations).

Setup and management steps are fundamentally the same for the various funding sources, but they have different requirements under SPA, CRA and Philanthropy which are detailed in each step listed below—from setting up to closing out your award. Learn more about grants managed by Philanthropy

Learn more

Setting up your reward Managing your expenses Providing progress reports

Receiving no-cost extensions Conducting effort reporting Closing out your award