The mission of the Student Diversity & Community Engagement office is to develop health care professionals who are reflective of the communities, patients and region we serve, and who have gained an understanding of the many forms diversity and inclusion take.
We believe that all people are multi-dimensional. We are global citizens with rich experiences and perspectives. We are inclusive. We are advancing the future of health care.
We are RUSH.
The Student Diversity & Community Engagement office works with students, faculty, and staff to create and sustain a welcoming and inclusive university environment for individuals from all backgrounds. We accomplish this in three main ways:
- Cross-Collaborative Months: The office works collaboratively with students, staff and faculty to provide monthly educational and celebratory events to honor the backgrounds and heritages of a variety of groups from wide-ranging backgrounds.
- Student Affinity Groups: The office provides support and mentorship to Student Affinity Group leaders to host lunch-n-learns, film screenings, festivals, and educational events. In collaboration with us, these groups host co-curricular activities that raise the level of awareness and appreciation for the many types of diversity at RUSH.
Student Affinity Groups
- American Medical Women’s Association
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association
- Black Excellence
- Black Nursing Student Union
- DACA Medical Association
- Jewish Student Association
- Latino Medical Student Association
- Men in Nursing
- Restorative Justice Initiative
- RUSH Christian Fellowship
- RUSH Muslim Association
- South Asian Student Association
- Student National Medical Association
- Together We Thrive
- White Coats 4 Black Lives