We are one of the ~50 pediatric programs across the US piloting an X+Y curriculum!
At RUSH, you'll train in a state-of-the-art medical center that U.S. News & World Report consistently names among the best medical centers in the country. RUSH residents work alongside acclaimed attendings, and enjoy the networking opportunities that come with training in the world-class city of Chicago.
RUSH University Children's Hospital features many programs:
- The RUSH Pediatric Primary Care Center serves a diverse patient population, including many children with complex needs who seek the subspecialty care of the Children’s Hospital. The center offers onsite nutrition consultation, behavioral health specialists, social work and lab services. During their designated Y week, residents are able to immerse themselves in our continuity and acute care clinic, working with a variety of our general pediatric faculty.
- The RUSH Fetal and Neonatal Medicine Program provides multidisciplinary expertise from RUSH neonatologists, fellows, gynecologists, genetic counselors and social services to expectant parents facing fetal anomalies. Click here for Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship Program page.
- The RUSH Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Program is home to one of the largest pediatric sarcoma programs in the Midwest. RUSH University Children’s Hospital is a member of the national Children’s Oncology Group, and pediatric oncologists work with orthopedic oncologists and other professionals of the RUSH Center for Limb Preservation to provide the latest treatment options to children and families facing sarcoma.
- The Hemophilia and Thrombophilia Treatment Center is federally funded center for the comprehensive treatment of children and adults with hemophilia, von Willebrand disease and other bleeding and clotting disorders. It is the largest center of its kind in Illinois.
- The RUSH NeuroBehavioral Center is powered by child psychologists, development and behavioral specialists, researchers and child educators dedicated to improving the quality of life for children with neurobehavioral issues. The center offers special expertise on evaluating and treating nonverbal learning disabilities and other social-emotional learning disorders.
- RUSH Epilepsy Center and Inpatient Epilepsy Monitoring Unit is one of the largest programs of its kind in Chicago, the level 4 epilepsy center offers treatment options for children with epilepsy and other seizure-related disorders led by The RUSH Pediatric Neurology group features several highly specialized clinics for complex neurologic conditions including Fragile X, Muscular Dystrophy and Rett Syndrome. The group is also home to leading clinician-researchers of rare neurologic conditions such as Niemann-Pick Type C.
- The RUSH Cystic Fibrosis Center is one of three cystic fibrosis centers in the country to receive an award for outstanding partnership from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. It offers a state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary team approach to the care and treatment of infants, children, and adolescents with cystic fibrosis.
- RUSH Pediatric Cardiology brings together pediatric and adult cardiologists and interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists, and echocardiologists, who collaborate to provide the best care possible.