RUSH University College of Nursing once again received high rankings, reinforcing its national reputation for excellence in nursing education. The college received two No. 1 rankings in U.S. News & World Report’s 2023 Best Graduate Schools rankings released on March 29, and secured the No. 2 spot for the Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
“This year’s strong rankings in U.S. News showcases the exceptional dedication and passion of our faculty, staff and students,” says Christine M. Kennedy, PhD, RN, FAAN, the John L. and Helen Kellogg Dean, College of Nursing. “We are all very proud to continue our college’s legacy of academic excellence, particularly during these past two years of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The College of Nursing ranks No. 1 in the following DNP specialty rankings:
- Nursing Administration (Transformative Leadership: Systems)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner — Acute Care
The College of Nursing ranked in the top 5 in six other categories:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (No. 2)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner — Primary Care (No. 2)
- Psychiatric Mental Health (No. 2)
- Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner — Primary Care (No. 3)
- Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner — Acute Care (No. 4)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (No. 4)
The College of Nursing also moved to the No. 17 spot in the master's degree category. This program prepares students who already have a bachelor’s degree in another field to pursue a career in nursing. This year U.S. News evaluated more than 600 nursing schools in the U.S. with master’s or doctoral programs.
A distinguishing dimension of the College of Nursing student experience is based on our Office of Faculty Practice model. DNP and master’s students receive clinical experience in the community with faculty-practitioners by helping to address the challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participants provide health care to people in historically underserved communities. Services include vaccines, testing and treatment for thousands of people across Chicago.
- The College of Nursing is recognized for decades of dedication to the advancement of men in the nursing profession In recognition of an…
- Dr. Wrenetha Julion, Dr. Fred Brown and Dr. Frank Hicks honored for excellence in healthcare and nursing In a momentous celebration of…
- As RUSH University continues to strengthen and grow as a leader in health care sciences and education, it has launched a refresh of its website.…
- The Health Equity Research Scholars Program aims to support RUSH University faculty in developing evidence-based research to advance health equity…
- Theodore Corbin, MD, MPP, chairperson of the RUSH University Medical Center Department of Emergency Medicine, has been elected as a new member of…
- Three students and three faculty members from across RUSH University have been selected as 2023-24 Schaalman Faculty and Student Fellows by the RUSH…