- Application: Open
- Deadline: January 5, 2024
Applications are evaluated based on the following:
- Unofficial transcripts: An unofficial copy of your transcript from every college and university attended is required.
- Transfer credits listed on another transcript do not waive the submissions of a transcript from that school.
- Copies should be uploaded online via the application system.
- Grade-point average: GPAs must be converted to a 4.0 scale.
- Standardized test scores: Standardized test scores are optional.
- You have the option to submit GRE scores.
- Upload a copy of your ETS score report online with your application. Do this even if you already sent a copy to us through ETS).
- TOEFL/IELTS scores: Scores must be submitted for international applicants who graduate from a university where English is not the language of instruction.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores are waived for non-native English speakers who complete a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited institution and have demonstrated language proficiency supported by the interview.
- TOEFL and IELTS are the only scores we accept.
- CV/resume: A CV or resume is required and should include the following:
- Academic honors.
- Awards received as an undergraduate or graduate.
- Employment history.
- Summer research programs.
- Education history.
- Statement of purpose:
- Describe your current research interests.
- Include details about your past research experience.
- Limit your statement of purpose to one page.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required for all programs.
- We only accept professional or institutional email addresses. Personal email addresses (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Letters must be uploaded to the online application directly by your recommenders.
- We do not accept Interfolio letters of recommendation.
- Background check and immunizations: Prior to matriculation, you will need to complete a criminal background check and submit your immunization records through CastleBranch.
- After you are accepted, we will contact you with instructions on ordering your package through CastleBranch.
- International students (those with a degree outside the U.S.) must submit the following:
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. Scores can be emailed directly to us. We waive the requirement if you completed your degree in a country where English is the official language.
- Official course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), or World Education Services (WES) only. Please review their websites for evaluation requirements. Evaluations can be emailed to us.
- RUSH/Stroger residents and fellows must submit United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) scores.
How to Apply to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Integrated Biomedical Sciences Program
All application materials are collected through our online application system.
All components of the application must be submitted electronically.
There is no need to submit official transcripts or tests scores as part of the preliminary application process.
You will upload copies of your transcript and test scores the online application system. If needed, we contact you directly to request official documents.
A $50 application fee is required.