The Residency Program in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rush University Medical Center is one of the premier orthopaedic training programs in the country. It is an exceptional program that exposes residents to the entire spectrum of orthopaedics. Our department has world leading faculty from all subspecialties who are devoted to the education of our residents. The program emphasizes the importance of developing competent clinical and surgical skills and acknowledges the vital role that clinical and basic science research play in the management of patients. The program also focuses on developing the resident to be leaders in the field of orthopaedics. Residents gain extensive experience in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of the broad continuum of orthopaedic pathology. Graduating residents are well prepared to enter into private practice, academics, or fellowship. While the program is demanding and stimulating, it fosters and encourages camaraderie and collegiality between the residents and attending staff.
A few of the highlights of our program include:
- #5 ranked program nationally according to U.S. News & World Report
- #1 ranked program nationally in Illinois
- World renowned faculty many of whom are current or past presidents of orthopaedic societies including AAOS, ORS, NASS, AAHKS, AOSSM, ASES, MSTS
- Team physicians for the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Fire, Chicago Steel, Joffrey Ballet, Chicago Dogs and Depaul University Athletics
- Countless opportunities for clinical and basic science research
- Fellowship match at the top programs in each of the orthopaedic subspecialties
- State of the art surgical simulators
- Multiple arthroscopy skills labs throughout the year
- Extensive and thorough intern skills curriculum including cadaver anatomy lab sessions
We greatly appreciate your interest in our program and welcome any questions you may have.
Monica Kogan, M.D.
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Rush University Medical Center