Our mission is to prepare highly qualified graduates equipped to perform as laboratory professionals in a collaborative, diverse and rapidly changing health care environment.
You will be active participants in learning and developing into a competent, ethical professional.
We prepare graduates who have a spirit of inquiry, a commitment to lifelong learning and service, and who are dedicated to advance the quality and availability of health care.
Our Master of Science (MS) in Medical Laboratory Science program requires a minimum of 75 term hours. You must also meet the following in order to graduate:
- Earn a 3.0 cumulative GPA in all computed upper-division credits taken at RUSH University.
- Take a minimum of 40 term hours of academic credit as a graduate student in academic residence at RUSH University
- Pass interprofessional education courses
In addition, you must pass a comprehensive examination at the end of the second year in order to graduate. A diploma will not be given until all sections of the comprehensive examination have been passed.
Review the course catalog for our most up-to-date curriculum information.
- MLS - 504 Clinical Chemistry I (Credits: 4)
- MLS - 514 Hematology I (Credits: 6)
- MLS - 523 Clinical Immunology (Credits: 3)
- MLS - 526 Molecular Techniques (Credits: 3)
- IPE - 502 Interprofessional Patient-Centered Teams (Credits: 0)
- MLS - 505 Clinical Chemistry II (Credits: 3)
- MLS - 524 Clinical Immunohematology (Credits: 4)
- MLS - 534 Clinical Microbiology I (Credits: 6)
- MLS - 541 Research in MLS I (Credits: 2)
- IPE - 502 Interprofessional Patient Centered Teams (Credits: 0)
- MLS - 515 Hematology II (Credits: 3)
- MLS - 535 Clinical Microbiology II (Credits: 3)
- MLS - 542 Research in MLS II (Credits: 6)
- CHS - 620 Health Care in America* (Credits: 2)
- CHS - 605 Introduction to Ethics in Health Care* (Credits: 2)
- MLS - 589 Clinical Laboratory Management (Credits: 2)
- CLM - 502 Quality Systems and Regulatory Issues (Credits: 3)
- Clinical Practica**
- MLS - 588 Comprehensive Review (Credits: 2)
- MLS - 543 Research in MLS III (Credits: 2)
- Clinical Practica* **
- MLS - 586P Patient Care Techniques (Credits: 1)
- MLS - 587P Clinical Practicum-Microbiology (Credits: 6)
- MLS - 580P Clinical Practicum-Chemistry (Credits: 3)
- MLS - 581P Clinical Practicum-Hematology (Credits: 3)
- MLS - 584P Clinical Practicum-Immunohematology (Credits: 3)
- MLS - 585P Clinical Practicum-Education (Credits: 3)
*Courses offered online
**Clinical practica schedule will be determined by program administration.
Program total: 75 credit hours
Refer to the course catalog for our most up-to-date curriculum information.