Pivot is a searchable database of external funding opportunities valued at more than $57 billion of available funding from federal, non-federal and international sponsors in all disciplines. In addition to more general keyword searches, researchers can create a user profile to set up customized searches with email alerts about new opportunities that match their search criteria.
Pivot is available to help all Rush University faculty, staff, researchers, research administrators and students find funding opportunities. Access to Pivot is limited to authenticated users only, so you must have an email address issued by Rush University.
Create your account
- Go to the Pivot homepage
- Click "Create account" at the right of your screen
- Select the "Use Email Address/Create Password" option
- Fill in the required data fields, then click "Create my account"
- Open your confirmation email from Pivot and click the link inside to authenticate your Pivot account
Once you have a Pivot account you can start using the advanced search functions, save your keyword-based searches, and receive targeted email alerts.
The following short video tutorials should help get you started:
- Pivot Funding - Quick Start Guide
- Pivot Funding - Advanced Search
- Your Pivot Home Page - Saved Searches
- Pivot - Series of Short Videos
- Other Training Materials can be found on the ProQuest LibGuides Library.
Help through Pivot: If you need additional assistance logging in to Pivot, or have questions about the product, click on the Support/Help link at the bottom of the left-hand corner of each Pivot page. You will be able to submit a helpdesk case, chat or call technical support.
Help through Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA): Please send an email message to SPA at ORA_Grants@rush.edu.