The Master of Science in Clinical Research is a rigorous program that meets the needs of individuals engaged in the full spectrum of clinical research.
Our mission is to provide you with a high-quality education and a personalized, hands-on research experience. Our curriculum prepares you to enter the workforce as competently trained clinical research professional.
The program is designed for a variety of students, including the following:
- Medical fellows and residents
- Research nurses
- Study coordinators and administrative staff
- Bachelor’s-prepared students interested in working in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries
At RUSH, you learn from faculty who are experts in their field and are accomplished researchers.
You complete a thesis project that demonstrates your understanding of the clinical research process from both a theoretical and practical point of view.
You conduct research in a wide variety of settings, including medical centers, academic research settings and device and pharmaceutical companies.
Many students submit parts of their thesis research projects for professional presentations and publications or use it as the basis for a federally funded research proposal.
Program Length and Location
This is a two-year (five semesters) program that includes a thesis research project. A minimum of 32 credits are required for graduation.
You complete core and elective courses in the first two terms, and engage in thesis research in the final three terms.
At RUSH University, we know your education is a big investment. We want to make sure you have the necessary information to make the best financial decisions for you and your family.
RUSH employees can qualify for tuition reimbursement through the Linking Education and Performance, or LEAP, program. Contact your benefits specialist for more information.
Tuition for the Master of Science in Clinical Research program is $1,404 per credit.
Students affiliated with the John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County can qualify for a reduced tuition rate.
Learn about student financial aid options.
Master of Science in Clinical Research Career Opportunities
There are a variety of career paths for those who earn a master’s in clinical research. Our graduates have gone on to be successful in the following:
- Securing grant funding
- Gaining sought-after careers in academic medicine
- Holding leadership positions in the pharmaceutical industry
- Obtaining competitive residency positions
- Joining research teams to coordinate, plan and run clinical research
The following are just a few examples of places where our graduates are employed:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Baxter Pharmaceuticals
- Cleveland Clinic
- Montefiore Medical Center
- National Institutes of Health
- Northwestern University
- RUSH University Medical Center
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
- University of Chicago
- University of Wisconsin
- LecturerDepartment of Internal Medicine
- ProfessorDepartment of Internal Medicine
- Visiting Assistant Professor
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Adjunct Instructor
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of Internal Medicine
- ProfessorDepartment of Family & Preventive Medicine