The diagnostic radiology residency provides world-class educational opportunities with an emphasis on competence and compassionate patient care. You'll take an active role in image interpretation and in performing radiologic procedures, while obtaining hands-on experience in angiographic and interventional procedures, ultrasonic scanning and MRI operation.
Radiology at RUSH
- Strong local, regional, and national reputation
- First PET, CT, MRI and dual head gamma cameras in Chicago
- Third CT in the United States
- Headquarters of Chicago Radiological Society
- Competitive fellowship placement, both locally and nationwide
- High volume of cases at a tertiary care/major referral center, where more than 368,000 radiology examinations are performed annually
- Two months of dedicated pediatric time at Lurie Children’s Hospital
- Busy breast center with fellowship trained attendings
- One month at AFIP/AIRP in Washington D.C.
- Ample opportunity for published research
- Ample board study preparation time
- Annual physics lecture series from four in-house board-certified physicists in their areas of expertise, covering the foundations and principles of physics for Radiology.
- Dedicated physics review and Q+A prep for residents prior to core exam
- Fourth year time to do mini-fellowships and electives
- 4 Body Fellows, 1 MSK Fellow, 6 Neuro Fellows, 2 Nuclear Medicine Residents, 1 Chest imaging fellow
- Partner and national beta site for Siemens
- Equipment includes Magnetom Verio 3T MRIs, Definition Flash Dual Energy 128-slice CTs, Axiom Luminos dRF fluoro, Acuson S2000 Ultrasound and more
- 14 IR suites on a large Interventional Platform
- GE PACS and Fluence voice recognition technology
- Every resident has access to the Epic electronic charting system and GE PACS via any Internet connection, including from home