The diagnostic radiology residency provides world-class educational opportunities with an emphasis on competence and compassionate patient care. We foster a warm, friendly environment where residents can achieve optimal personal performance. Residents are well prepared for success on the CORE and certifying board examinations. Many of our residents hold prestigious academic appointments and/or have begun successful private practices throughout the country.
Residents benefit from the high caseload of RUSH University Medical Center’s busy tertiary facility, where more than 368,000 radiology examinations are performed annually. Residents take an active role in image interpretation and in performing radiologic procedures, while obtaining hands-on experience in angiographic and interventional procedures, ultrasonic scanning and MRI operation.
RUSH’s Boler Centers for Advanced Imaging house one of the most advanced radiology departments in the country. It is also one of only three interventional platforms in the U.S.
- Diverse resident rotations include experience in a busy outpatient facility, and in a local community-based hospital. Second-year residents spend three months at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, one of the country’s top-rated pediatric hospitals.
- Hospital accolades include:
- #2 in quality care by Vizient
- U.S. News & World Report honor roll, including #17 overall hospital, and #1 in Illinois for Orthopedics, Nephrology, and Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Rated among Newsweek's best 20 hospitals in the U.S.
- Residents are supervised by attending radiologists and enjoy frequent one-on-one teaching sessions throughout all four years of residency.
- Prominent guest lecturers, outstanding scholars from other institutions and experts from clinical departments at RUSH are active participants in our educational program.
- Teaching file and library facilities offer vast resources. Residents enjoy full access to GE PACS, StatDX, Amirsys teaching files, Up-to-Date and IMAIOS.
- Although research projects are not mandatory, residents are encouraged to join in the research activities of the department,
- RUSH is home to an applied clinical science research program and a number of industry partnership research projects as well. Active areas of clinical research include machine learning applications in Radiology, device trials in Interventional Radiology, and an active partnership on Radiomics for x-ray and CT imaging with the ChicagoITM partners.
Residency: RUSH University
Fellowship: University of South Florida, MSK Imaging
Residency Program Coordinator
Department of Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine
RUSH University Medical Center
1653 W. Congress Parkway
Chicago, Illinois 60612-3864