Rush offers two options for resident training: an "advanced placement" three-year specific physical medicine and rehabilitation program and a "categorical" four-year integrated program. Applicants who wish to enter the three-year program must complete a post-graduate (PGY-1) preliminary or transitional year of residency preferably in internal medicine. Residents interested in the four-year integrated program will be considered for preliminary intern positions reserved for physical medicine and rehabilitation residents through the Department of Internal Medicine at Rush University Medical Center. Applicants should specify whether they wish to be considered for the advanced placement three-year program, the categorical four-year program, or both.
The application deadline is November 30. Interviews will be held for three PGY-1 positions and one PGY-2 position.
The criteria for applicants are as follows:
- Applications accepted only through ERAS
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a Physiatrist
- Permanent U.S. citizenship or J-1 Visa eligible
- Graduate of medical school in the last three years
- USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 completed with a minimum score of 200 (three-digit)
- Two years exposure to U.S. medicine in a clinical setting
- Adequate exposure to the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation