About Graduate Medical Education
At RUSH University, we provide outstanding clinical experiences, expert teaching from faculty who are passionate about their work and an environment focused on your personal growth and well-being. We are proud of our programs’ excellence and house officers, and we know you will become a vital part of our health care community.
Choose from our fellowship programs that allow you to work in a team-based environment in our leading-edge medical center and other locations, providing care for diverse patient populations.
Consistently ranking among U.S. News & World Report’s annual Best Hospitals Honor Roll, RUSH University Medical Center sits in the culturally diverse and unique city of Chicago. Here our students, faculty, residents, fellows and staff use their skills and talents to make a difference in our community and beyond.
We see diversity as a strength and essential in helping all the doctors we train, regardless of background, to work more effectively and compassionately with their colleagues and patients.
We’re pleased to offer house staff a full range of benefits and services to support you in every way as you care for patients, pursue research and navigate the details of family and personal life.
The Office of Graduate Medical Education is the primary liaison for house staff with the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) for medical licensing.
House staff actively participate in several committees aimed at improving our working and learning environment. Learn more about our resident-run committees and how you can get involved.
Find a list of residency and fellowship program personnel responsible for verification of credentials that you can fax or email with requests.
We welcome visiting residents from other institutions and offer four-week rotations in a broad array of services that foster the growth of medical knowledge through patient care.
RUSH provides services to support J-1 Exchange visitors, TN or H-1B candidates, F-1 students and more.
In this video tour, members of our house staff guide you through the RUSH University Medical Center facilities where you'll work during your residency or fellowship.
- Skiey Hardin changed her career ambitions from homicide detective to physician after graduating from college. There’s certainly no crime in that…
- Rush University is launching a new residency program aimed at curbing health inequities across the West and Southwest sides of Chicago. The RUSH-…
- Hannakate Lichota often spends her free time exploring her fascination with unusual plants. She’s also a bit of a rare bird herself. Lichota, who…
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) is pleased to announce the second annual House Staff Appreciation Week, February 21-25, 2022. To celebrate Rush…
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) at Rush University is committed to providing quality academic and experiential resources to all of its residents…
- This week, Rush University is proud to host its first ever Residency Appreciation Week. To celebrate our residents and fellows, we’re highlighting… Related News, primary, View All News, internal:/news
Armour Academic Center
600 S. Paulina St., Suite 403
Chicago, IL 60612
Phone: (312) 942-5495
Fax: (312) 942-5727
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (CT)