Frequently Asked Questions
What are the admissions requirements?
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (a B average or higher in science classes)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score (for non-native English speakers only)
- GRE or other relevant test examinations (e.g., MCAT or DAT)
- Three letters of recommendation ( 2 from academic sources)
- Successful interview
- Applicants from foreign schools are required to submit a course by course evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Are there other areas of consideration when reviewing an applicant?
- Applicants with special or unique qualities that make them strong candidates for graduate education are also encouraged to apply; research and related job experience are valued highly.
What is the application deadline?
- March 30th is the priority deadline for all applicants.
- Final deadline is May 15th; however, the class may be full by then.
When do biotechnology program classes start?
- The only term of entry is in the fall, which begins first week in September.
How Do I Apply?
All applicants must apply online and you will be requested to:
- Select the option that says, "Apply Online to the Graduate College Now"
- Create an account or re-enter your e-mail and password (login) and select the General Application
- Apply Online Now
For questions about the application process, contact Cara Robinson at Cara_Y_Robinson@rush.edu or at (312) 942-7994.
View detailed program information now.
See the Master of Science in biotechnology curriculum now.
See housing and student life information now.
View tuition, fees and financial aid information now.
Learn more about Rush University now.
Learn more about the Graduate College now.