Please join us for the first annual TEDxRushU event taking place on Friday, October 26, 2012 from 1 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. in The Brainard Room of the Searle Conference Center.
TEDxRushU will be a combination of live presenters, TEDTalk videos and entertainment acts. The event is $35 for Rush employees and community members and $15 for Rush students. For more information about TedXRushU and to register for the event, visit tedxrushu.com
The speakers include:
- Robert Macauley, MD - University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Suzy Yehl Marta - Rainbows For All Children
- Lucian Newman, III, MD - ComplyMD
- Sarah Elizabeth Ippel - Academy for Global Citizenship
- Laura Landy, Trustee - Fannie E. Rippel Foundation
- Wrenetha Julion, PhD, RN – Rush University Medical Center
- Robert Wallace – Austin Health Center of Cook County
TEDx was created in the spirit of TED's mission, "ideas worth spreading." TEDxRushU has been inspired by the memory of Mayur Patel, a health systems management faculty member and alumnus, who died unexpectedly in 2011. Mayur was loved and respected by those who had the honor of working with him and his passion for improving the environment and healthcare on a global level serves as the basis for our theme, "Seizing A Day."
The mission of this event is to have discussions centered on the idea of enhancing life, both through time and experience, to help carry on the passion and spirit of Mayur. The challenge posed to the audience will be, “How Can We Improve Life Expectancy Globally by One Day?”
If you have any questions regarding TEDxRushU, please contact Cara Gallagher at (312) 563-6629 or at email@example.com