A total of nine residents are selected annually, including two in the child and adolescent track, four in the health psychology track and three in the neuropsychology track.
Eligibility requires completion of an APA-accredited or CPA-accredited university in clinical or counseling psychology. We do not accept applications from programs that are not APA- or CPA-accredited, even if the program is in the midst of the accreditation process. Doctoral candidacy (preliminary examinations passed, course-work completed, dissertation proposal approved) is viewed as an important asset during the selection process. We especially encourage members of minority groups to apply to the Rush pre-doctoral internship program.
To apply, please submit the following application materials via the APPIC online site by November 1:
- Cover letter:
- For Health Psychology Track: please address to Dr. Corsica
- For Neuropsychology Track: please address to Dr. Grote
- For Child/Adolescent Track: please address to Dr. Mead
- APPIC application
- Curriculum vitae
- Graduate school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
Applicants who are selected to interview will be notified by e-mail no later than December 1st. Interviews are conducted the second and third week of January.
Selection criteria include goodness-of-fit between the applicant's interests and experience and the program; letters of recommendation; type of graduate program, including course work and grades; and doctoral candidacy. A solid research background and completion or near-completion of the dissertation prior to residency also enhance an application.
If you have questions, you may contact any of the following faculty:
- Joyce A. Corsica, PhD
Director of Clinical Training and Health Psychology
Phone: (312) 942- 2002
- Christopher Grote, PhD, Neuropsychology
Phone: (312) 942-5523
- John D. Mead, PhD, Child/Adolescent Psychology
Phone: (312) 942-6656
* APPIC Application for Psychology Internship. Obtain a copy from the APPIC. Please see the "Forms and Document Downloads" section of the APPIC website.