SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR ACCELERATED STUDY
The PhD in Nursing Science Program has an accelerated plan of study in which students:
- Can complete all degree requirements in three years
- Receive funds to cover three years of full-time tuition and a living stipend
Admission to the accelerated program is competitive, and students must indicate their interest by directly emailing the program director, Barbara Swanson, PhD, RN, FAAN, ACN, at email@example.com when making application.
Program Highlights and Opportunities
Non-nurses who hold a graduate degree in a health-related field will be considered for admission.
- The PhD program prepares health care professionals to conduct clinical research to advance the nursing care of individuals and populations. Graduates will receive the knowledge and experiences to launch and sustain externally-funded programs of research and to assume the role of a clinical scholar.
- The program is delivered in an entirely online format.
- Students benefit from innovative teaching and mentoring strategies, multiple methods of curriculum delivery matched to course objective.
- The faculty are committed to working closely with students to prepare graduates for a career in clinical research; faculty help students develop and submit manuscripts for publication throughout the program.
Commitment to Full-Time Study
It is recommended that the applicant commit to pursuing full-time study to enable timely completion of the program, as well as continuity in the development of his/her research. Completion of the program within four years will be possible for many students. A part-time program of study requires an additional year of study.
Opportunity to Pursue Pre-Doctoral Research Support
Although personal assets and financial aid can provide partial support for full-time study, pre-doctoral training fellowships, as well as research and educational assistantships, are important to almost every student. Though not required, students can work with an advisor to prepare a pre-doctoral fellowship application that can provide support for tuition and living costs during the second year of study.
Learn more about the "Learn & LEAP" Tuition Scholarship
On-Campus and Online Information Sessions available! It is highly recommended to attend one of these sessions if you would like to learn more about the program from faculty and staff.
Meet Rush PhD Student Ben Inventor
Contact for PhD in Nursing Science Program:
Barbara Swanson, PhD, RN
Director, PhD program
Phone: (312) 942-8977