The mission of Rush University College of Nursing is to prepare future generations of nursing leaders, contribute to the science of nursing through the generation and application of knowledge and advance innovation in clinical education. Located in the heart of Chicago, where one third of the community is African-American and one third is Latino, research at the College of Nursing focuses on the health needs of a highly diverse population and the elimination of health disparities. Our faculty leads a range of funded multidisciplinary studies targeting the prevention and treatment of health problems at the bedside, and in the community. The Office of Nursing Research and Scholarship provides a wide range of support services to faculty and students.
1. Proposal Consultation
2. Proposal Preparation
- Budget preparation
- Online submission consultation
- Application formatting and editing
- University grant processing
3. Referrals for transcription, editing, translation, etc.
4. Proposal Implementation
- Statistical support
- Data management
5. 2013-2014 CON Workshops
6. Identification of Grant Funding Sources
7. Faculty Pilot Research Grant Guidelines
8. Useful information for Investigators
PhD Student Opportunities
2. Student Travel for Research Presentations
Following are three opportunities for Rush University College of Nursing students to obtain travel funds to present their research:
- College of Nursing Travel Funds-up to $800: There are funds from faculty and alumni donations to support faculty-student collaborations.
- The Graduate College Student Council Travel Funds- up to $750-$1000. For forms, deadlines and further information contact the GCSC treasurer, Sam Buchanan at Samuel_Buchanan@rush.edu
The Office of Nursing Research and Scholarship Team Members: