1. All students must complete and submit the online application to the Graduate College along with the statement of purpose and CV. The statement of purpose (maximum of 500 words) should include a section about your research interests as they pertain to graduate school in the biomedical sciences. You may include past undergraduate studies, research experience or activities that have influenced your specific areas of interest.
2. A minimum of three letters of recommendation are required and a minimum of two should come from academic sources. Official letters of recommendation must come from them recommender and be emailed to email@example.com.
3. An interview may be required.
4. Students must have scores submitted for the GRE, or an equivalent test (e.g., MCAT, DAT, PCAT or STEP 1 and STEP 2 of the US MLE. Although no specific score on these exams is required, students scoring above the 50th percentile are strongly encouraged to apply. GRE is waived for applicants with a PhD degree in Basic Science or a professional degree in Health Sciences (e.g., MD, DO, DDS, PharmD).
5. Students with 3.0 or better on a 4 point scale are strongly encouraged to apply.
6. Please submit an official transcript from each college or university attended. All transcripts must be received in an original sealed envelope from the institution. If coursework was completed outside of the U.S., applicants must submit a course by course evaluation from ECE (www.ece.org). We no longer accept WES evaluations.
7. Applicants whose native language is other than English and who do not hold an equivalent of a US Bachelor's degree from an institution at which English is the language of instruction, must submit TOEFL scores. Step 2 US MLE scores (both CS and CK) may be substituted for the TOEFL.