The faculty of the Graduate College encourages diversity among the student population and therefore, seeks to admit persons from various backgrounds. The Graduate College uses the following guidelines to evaluate candidates for admission. Individual divisions within the college may have additional requirements and criteria for admission. Applicants are encouraged to check with the division of interest first. The college's requirements are as follows:
1. All students must complete an application to the Graduate College on line.
2. A minimum of three letters of recommendation are required and a minimum of two should come from academic sources. Official letters of recommendation must come from them recommender and be emailed to email@example.com.
3. An interview may be required.
4. Students must have scores submitted for the GRE, or an equivalent test (e.g., MCAT, DAT, PCAT or STEP 1 and STEP 2 of the US MLE. Although no specific score on these exams is required, students scoring above the 50th percentile are strongly encouraged to apply. GRE is waived for applicants with a PhD degree in Basic Science or a professional degree in Health Sciences (e.g., MD, DO, DDS, PharmD).
5. Students with 3.0 or better on a 4 point scale are strongly encouraged to apply.
6. Please submit an official transcript from each college or university attended. All transcripts must be received in an original sealed envelope from the institution. If coursework was completed outside of the U.S., applicants must submit a course by course evaluation from ECE (www.ece.org).
7. Applicants whose native language is other than English and who do not hold an equivalent of a US Bachelor's degree from an institution at which English is the language of instruction, must submit TOEFL scores. Recommended scores are as follows: TOEFL 620 (paper based); 260 (computer based); 84, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20 and Writing 21. Or IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores. Step 2 US MLE scores (both CS and CK) may be substituted for the TOEFL.
Final Application Deadline for U.S. students: August 1st
Recommended Application Deadline for international students: March 30
See the Web pages for Admission Services for more information.