1. All students must complete an application to the Graduate College on line.
2. A minimum of three letters of recommendation are required and a minimum of two should come from academic sources.
3. An interview may be required.
4. Students must have scores submitted for the GRE, or an equivalent test (e.g., MCAT, DAT, PCAT or other equivalent exam in the sciences). Although no specific score on these exams is required, students scoring above the 50th percentile are strongly encouraged to apply. GRE is waived for applicants with a PhD degree in Basic Science or a professional degree in Health Sciences (e.g., MD, DO, DDS, PharmD).
5. Students with 3.0 or better on a 4 point scale are strongly encouraged to apply.
6. Please submit an official transcript from each college or University attended. All transcripts must be received in an original sealed envelope from the institution. Scanned items can be used for review and preliminary admission decisions; however, official documents will be required for final admission decision. Formal course-by-course grade/diploma certification by ECE or WES is required of all students who have completed their last degree outside of the US.
7. Applicants whose native language is other than English and who do not hold an equivalent of a US Bachelor's degree from an institution at which English is the language of instruction, must submit scores from TOEFL or IELTS. Recommended scores are as follows: TOEFL 620 (paper based); 260 (computer based); 84, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20 and Writing 21. Or IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores.