Student Occupational Therapy Association
SOTA’s mission is to promote the value of occupational therapy services to the public and other healthcare professionals and enhance the quality of the students’ educational experience through local and national advocacy, community service and professional development.
President: Andrea Cure
Vice-President: Karie Carbone
Financial Coordinator/Treasurer: Katie Crosby
Public Relations: Arielle Frederico
Secretary: Bridget Kernan
SOTA is very active and dedicated to donating time and services to the community. SOTA has done several fundraising and community events including:
Health Professionals Job Fair
– On July 24, the 3rd Annual Rush University Health Professionals Job Fair, hosted by the Student Occupational Therapy Association, was a huge success. OT students of the class of 2014 hosted more than 150 attendees, of all health professional disciplines, at the fair. SOTA welcomed students, not only from Rush, but neighboring colleagues as well.
- Please be sure to join us for the 2015 Health Professionals Job Fair.
- Adopt-a-Family – the class of 2016 raised more than $2,000.00 to support two seniors and one local family in need this holiday season. Adopt-a-Family 2014 photos
- Silent Aucton – the class of 2015 orchestrated a silent auction and raised over $1500.00 for Growing Homes. Growing Homes is a social enterprise focused on empowering people and communities with Chicago’s first USDA-Certified Organic, high-production urban farms. The students volunteered at Growing Homes and are the first introduction of occupational therapy to this site.
- Hamdard Center – SOTA students have volunteered at the Hamdard Center which is a Multilingual, Multi-cultural Social & Health Service Agency dedicated to serving the South Asian, Middle Eastern, and the Bosnian communities in Illinois. The students are the sites first introduction to occupational therapy. They have been providing exercise and relaxation groups to participants and staff.
Photo Caption: SOTA Officers.