Rush University Banner Rush University Rush University Medical Center Contact Us
Rush University Banner

College of Health Sciences > Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences > Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology > SLP Admissions and Financial Aid
About Rush University

Admission Requirements

At the time of application, individuals should have completed, or be in the process of completing, the baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution.

The recommended grade point average (GPA) is a minimum cumulative 3.0, and a minimum of 3.5 in the major area on a 4.0 scale.
The recommended minimum GRE score (Verbal and Quantitative) is greater than the 50th percentile.
Required Prerequisite Courses:
  • Introduction to Audiology
  • Phonetics and Normal Articulation
  • Normal Language Development
  • Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Hearing
  • Speech and Hearing Science
  • Minimum of one course in behavioral/social sciences
  • Minimum of one course in the biological sciences
  • Minimum of one course in the physical sciences
  • Statistics 
***These classes are not offered through Rush University.***
CDS accepts applications from international students
The SLP program welcomes applications from international students. For information on international services at Rush, please click here.
Foreign Transcripts

Foreign transcripts need to be evaluated by the Educational Credential Evaluators or World Education Services. It is the student's responsibility to have their transcripts evaluated by one of these services. Please click on one of the following links for more information.
Application Process and Deadline

Application deadline is January 1, 2015.
To Apply
Applications must be submitted through CSDCAS (Communications Sciences and Disorders Central Application System). Please visit theCSDCAS website.
Application Materials
CSDCAS requirements:
  • Submission of official transcripts for all university and college course work completed
  • Letters of recommendation. The CSDCAS will allow you to submit up to five letters. Rush University requires only three letters. Those letters must be written by faculty acquainted with the applicants most recent academic experiences.
  • A personal essay
  • The Rush CSDCAS program code is 0781.
  • Payment of an application fee as outlined by CSDCAS
Additional Rush University Requirements:
  • The Rush CSDCAS program code is 0781 and the Rush University GRE code is 3263. Please send your official GRE scores to both codes.
  • You will be informed by Rush about a brief Supplemental Application after you have completed the CSDCAS application.
  • Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the following two services and a report sent to CSDCAS:
  • Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
  • Students who matriculate at Rush University will be required to submit official grade transcripts prior to enrollment. 
What is CSDCAS
The CSDCAS (Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service) is a centralized application service that may be used to apply to the Rush University AuD program. If you are applying to several audiology programs that use the CSDCAS, then you may want to choose this option.

For more information about CSDCAS and a FAQ, please go to CSDCAS.
To complete the CSDCAS on-line application, please go to:
Apply through CSDCAS. CSDCAS customer service can be reached at (617) 612-2030 or by sending e-mail to
Information about the status of an application is available at the CSDCAS portal.
For more information about admissions, please check the Rush University Catalog or e-mail us at
Financial Aid

The Rush University financial aid program provides assistance to those students who could not otherwise afford to attend Rush University. Eligibility for financial aid is based on financial need, which is defined as the difference between the total cost of education and the resources which the student and his family would be expected to contribute towards educational expenses. Students must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States to be eligible for financial aid.
Some students earn money for their educational expenses by working part-time at Rush University Medical Center. Students may qualify for a Veterans Administration stipend or other support from clinical sites. In addition, the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences has some assistantship and work-study funding available for students. More detailed information on financial aid is provided on the Web pages for the Rush University Office of Student Financial Aid.

For more information please call (312) 942-6256 or visit the financial aid website.

Chicago and its adjoining suburbs, as well as the university, provide a wide variety of off-campus and on-campus housing options. The Rush University Housing Guide details residential opportunities. For more information call the Office of Student Affairs at (312) 942-6302.

You may also want to visit the Rush housing website.
Photo caption: Richard Peach, PhD, and his research assistants discuss a data set in the Cognition and Language Disorders Lab.

Rush Medical College | College of Nursing | Graduate College | College of Health Sciences | Library | GME
CME | Calendar of Events | Web Privacy Statement | Accessibility Statement | Students with Disabilities | Site Map
Students | Faculty | Researchers | Alumni | Residents & Fellows

© Rush University, Chicago, Illinois