Application Process and Deadline
Application deadline is January 1, 2015.
CDS accepts applications from international students
The Audiology program welcomes applications from international students. For information on international services at Rush, please click here.
Foreign transcripts need to be evaluated by the Educational Credential Evaluators or World Education Services. It is the student’s responsibility to have their transcripts evaluated by one of these services. Please click on one of the following links for more information.
Applications must be submitted through CSDCAS (Communications Sciences and Disorders Central Application System). Please visit the CSDCAS, website.
At the time of application, individuals should have completed, or be in the process of completing, the baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution.
The recommended grade point average is a minimum cumulative 3.0 or a minimum of 3.5 in the major area on a 4.0 scale.
The recommended minimum GRE score (Verbal and Quantitative) is greater than the 50th percentile.
Required Prerequisite Course
- Minimum of one college-level math course
- Minimum of one course in behavioral/social sciences
- Minimum of one course in the biological sciences
- Minimum of one course in the physical sciences
Although not required, coursework in the following areas is strongly recommended:
- Advanced college-level math (algebra, trigonometry, calculus)
- Child psychology
- Computer Literacy
The CSDCAS requirements
- Submission of official transcripts for all university and college course work completed
- Letters of recommendation. The CSDCAS will allow you to submit up to five letters. Rush University requires only three letters. Those letters must be written by faculty acquainted with the applicants most recent academic experiences.
- A personal essay
- The Rush CSDCAS program code is 0781.
- Payment of an application fee as outlined by CSDCAS
Additional Rush University Requirements
- The Rush CSDCAS program code is 0781 and the Rush University GRE code is 3263. Please send your official GRE scores to both codes.
- You will be informed by Rush about a brief supplemental application after you have completed the CSDCAS application.
- Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the following two services and a report sent to CSDCAS:
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
Students who matriculate at Rush University will be required to submit official grade transcripts prior to enrollment.
What is CSDCAS?
The CSDCAS (Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service) is a centralized application service that may be used to apply to the Rush University AuD program. If you are applying to several audiology programs that use the CSDCAS, then you may want to choose this option.
For more information about CSDCAS and a FAQ, please go to CSDCAS.
To complete the CSDCAS on-line application, please go to: Apply through CSDCAS. CSDCAS customer service can be reached at (617) 612-2030 or by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo caption: A proud AuD student shows off the ossicles that she dissected in the anatomy lab.