The Bachelor of Science in perfusion technology provides graduates with the foundation they need to assume leadership roles in clinical practice and clinical specialty areas.
This program requires a minimum of 96 quarter credit hours
to be completed at the upper division undergraduate level.
The professional phase of the program:
- Includes coursework and clinical fieldwork
- Is completed at Rush University and its affiliated clinical sites
- Takes approximately 21 months to complete
Bachelor of Science in Perfusion Technology Program Admission Requirements
The Bachelor of Science in perfusion technology program is rigorous and several prerequisite courses must be completed prior to entry into the program.
Any changes in the student's planned program for admission require written approval by the department chair.
Graduates of the program will be qualified to sit for the certification examination of the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
Admission to the program is on a competitive basis. Student selection is based on factors such as:
- Grade point average (GPA)
- Consistency of academic performance
- Course work completed, including required program prerequisite courses
- Interpersonal abilities
Additional Admissions Information for Prospective Applicants
To be considered for the Bachelor of Science in perfusion technology degree program, all applicants must:
- Have a minimum of 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of general education courses
- Have a cumulative and science grade point average (GPA) of 2.9 on a 4.0 scale
- Successfully complete all professional prerequisite required courses with a grade of "C" or better.
Natural and biological sciences: 16 semester hours or 24 quarter hours. Science courses must include:
Sixteen (16) semester hours or 24 quarter hours of science coursework, complete with a grade of "C" or better, must include:
Application Materials Required:
- Have a personal interview with departmental faculty
- Submit three letters of recommendation (academic and professional only)
- Have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Completed application with a $40.00 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- Submit TOEFL scores, if required
Photo caption: First and second-year perfusion technology students with a faculty member.