- Friday, February 13: Graduates must submit an Intent to Graduate form
- Friday, March 13: Custom regalia must be ordered by now in order to receive it for commencement. Alumni may purchase custom gowns through Mo Olson, a representative of Herff-Jones. You can contact Mo at email@example.com (312) 316-1876.
- Sunday, April 5: Order regalia if you plan to participate in commencement. Student regalia is free of charge. Orders are completed on the Herff-Jones website.
- Sunday, April 5: Faculty need to confirm their participation in commencement and, if necessary, order regalia by submitting the following webform.
- Monday, April 13: Thesis/Dissertation final approval for College of Nursing PhD’s*
- Wednesday, April 15: Thesis/Dissertation title must be submitted via the following webform
- Monday, May 11: Thesis/Dissertation final approval for Graduate College students*
- Monday, June 8: Thesis/Dissertation final approval for College of Health Sciences’ Clinical Nutrition and Communication Disorders students*
*For more information about this process, please review the following Library webpage.
Students who have received financial aid while at Rush will need to participate in an exit counseling session with staff from the Office of Student Financial Aid. Information about financial aid exit counseling sessions, which are arranged by program, will be provided as they become available.
Upcoming exit counseling sessions:
- PA program: Tuesday, March 17th at noon in AAC 985.
- Rush Medical College: Thursday, March 19th at noon in AAC 994.
- GEM program: Tuesday, April 14th at noon in AAC 994A.
We have arranged for a room block at the Marriott Hotel at Medical District/UIC (625 S Ashland). Rooms are limited, so please reserve your room early. Any rooms not booked by April 20, will be released. You can reach the hotel at 312.491.1234.
Students on F-1 visas need to schedule an appointment with International Student Services to discuss post-graduation plans as soon as possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions or to schedule an appointment.
Student Health Insurance
Students in the College of Health Sciences, the College of Nursing, and the Graduate College participating in the student health insurance plan, please keep in mind that your insurance will end on the last day of the month you graduate. Rush Medical College graduates will have coverage until July 31, 2015.