Rush University Banner Rush University Rush University Medical Center Contact Us
Rush University Banner
Search

Office of Student Financial Aid > Work Aid Programs > Federal College Work-Study
About Rush University

Students interested in a Work-Study job must start the process by visiting the Office of Student Financial Aid to pick up their authorization paperwork. Students must renew this eligibility paperwork annually.

Federal College Work-Study is a form of student financial assistance available through Rush University. Students must apply for financial aid and have their eligibility determined before participating in the Work-Study program.

The federal government pays approximately 75% of the student's wages, with their hiring department picking up the remaining 25%. Students will be paid on a bi-weekly basis and are considered Rush University Medical Center employees. First-time employees must complete an Employment Application, have a physical, TB test, and go through a Criminal Background Check prior to beginning their job.

Required Documents - available from Office of Student Financial Aid:

  1. Federal College Work-Study Authorization/Confidentiality Agreement -- must be signed by student and completed by hiring manager.  The form should be returned to Student Financial Aid once it has been completed.
     
  2. Employment Application -- must be completed by student if they have never worked for the Medical Center. The application is available online, and students should apply to job number 2012-1103 (WORK STUDY STUDENT).
     
  3. HR Appointment/Pre-Employment Health Screen -- Student should expect to spend a minimum of 2 hours for this appointment.  The appointment begins in HR, which is located on the 4th floor of the Armour Academic Center.  Office hours are 7:30a - 5p.
     
  4. Mandatory Pre-Hire Safety Screening Course -- An offer of employment with Rush is contingent on successful completion of the Pre-Hire Safety Screening course and test prior to the first day of employment.

Paychecks will not be issued unless all required forms and requirements are met.

Open work-study positions are posted on the Student Financial Aid's RUConnected Portal page.  Only accepted students are able to access these postings.


Rush Medical College | College of Nursing | Graduate College | College of Health Sciences | Library | GME
CME | Calendar of Events | Web Privacy Statement | Accessibility Statement | Students with Disabilities | Site Map
Students | Faculty | Researchers | Alumni | Residents & Fellows

© Rush University, Chicago, Illinois