Effective Fall 2012, Rush University will start its academic calendar earlier in the fall and will end its academic calendar earlier in Spring 2013.
Academic Calendar Changes by College:
- The College of Nursing will move from a quarter system of four terms (fall, winter, spring and summer) to a trimester system of three terms (fall, spring and summer).
- Rush Medical College will move from three terms (fall, winter and spring) to a semester system of two terms (fall and spring) for the M1 and M2 classes. M1 and M2 classes begin in August. The M3 and M4 classes are enrolled year-round.
- The Graduate College will remain on the quarter system with four terms (fall, winter, spring and summer).
- The College of Health Sciences will remain on the quarter system and will continue to have four terms (fall, winter, spring and summer).
Currently enrolled students should contact their program director or student advisor regarding questions about how this affects their specific program of study. View academic programs by college
Current and prospective students should be aware that:
- Adjustments to tuition, fees and Center Court rent will be made to fit the new academic calendar.
- The timing of financial aid disbursements will change based on the new academic calendar. Students will need to register as “at least half-time” to be considered for most types of student financial assistance. Full- and half-time designations for Rush University students for 2012 -13 are as follows:
- Rush Medical College students: All enrolled students are considered full-time
- Graduate students: Full-time = 9+ credits; Half-time = 4.5+ credits
- Undergraduate students: Full-time = 12+ credits; Half-time = 6+ credits
Contact Financial Aid
at (312) 942-6256 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for questions about financial aid disbursements.
- Student transcripts will reflect the change to the academic calendar and credit hour system. This change will be noted in the official transcript reference key, located on the back of all official transcripts. For questions, contact the Office of the Registrar at (312) 942-5681 or email@example.com.
- In 2013, commencement will move from the second Saturday in June to the Thursday before Memorial Day (Thursday, May 23, 2013). Students who have questions about whether they are graduating or not should reference the “Policy on Eligibility to Participate in Commencement” on www.rushu.rush.edu and contact the Office of the Registrar with any further questions.