Rush University Banner Rush University Rush University Medical Center Contact Us
Rush University Banner

Office of Student Financial Aid > Cost of Attendance, Debt & Budgeting > Revising Loan Amounts
About Rush University

Changing loan amounts on your award

Students cannot make changes to the aid amounts listed on their award notice on their own.  A staff member in the Office of Student Financial Aid must make any requested changes administratively on your behalf.  To request any change to your aid package, please send an email (from your Rush email account if you are a currently enrolled student) to with the desired changes.  Be sure to include your student ID number with your request.

Borrowing to cover the EFC

When packaging students with loans for an academic year, our counseling staff attempts to award students up to their level of need.  Need is determined by subtracting your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from your Cost of Attendance.  Students are able to borrow non-need-based funds to cover their EFC, if needed. 


Definitions for many of the terms above can be found on the Definitions to Financial Aid Terms section of this site.

Rush Medical College | College of Nursing | Graduate College | College of Health Sciences | Library | GME
CME | Calendar of Events | Web Privacy Statement | Accessibility Statement | Students with Disabilities | Site Map
Students | Faculty | Researchers | Alumni | Residents & Fellows

© Rush University, Chicago, Illinois