All student organizations, both new and returning, must register their organization with the Office of Student Affairs each year. If applying to be a registered student organization, please note the following process:
Please note that student organization registration is a privilege, and may be removed at anytime for failing to meet standards established by the Office of Student Affairs and Rush University.
- The student organization must submit the following items to the Office of Student Affairs by the identified deadline. This deadline will fall during the spring quarter preceding the academic year of registration.
- Completed Registration Form (please note advisor signature is required)
- A Current Constitution
- All registration materials will be reviewed by the Office of Student Affairs within five business days.
- An official email, confirming "pending" recognition status or denying recognition, will be sent by Student Affairs to the organization upon completion of their review. If denied recognition, the email will outline reasons for the decision and appropriate next steps. Please note the most common reason for denying recognition is incomplete registration materials.
- To complete registration, all student organizations must attend the Fall Leadership Training held during the month of September.
- Student organizations who do not attend the Fall Leadership training will not be able to confirm their registration status and will not be eligible for funding through the Office of Student Affairs for 2010-2011.