We invite the entire Rush community to take part in the Dr. Marting Luther King Day of Service, January 16, 2012, by donating supplies
, signing up to volunteer (outside of their work hours) or writing a personal note to a member of the military personnel. We also encourage our Rush cohorts to share the names and mailing information of loved ones serving overseas. We will be sure to send them a package of appreciation from Rush.
Currently, the students have planned five experiences for the day.
- Collecting supplies for the military (Academic Building)
- Enlightening the minds of teenagers to the careers in health (Academic Building)
- Preparing breakfast for the men and women of Franciscan House of Mary and Joseph (at Franciscan – 3:00 a.m. arrival time)
- Taking down holiday decorations at Ronald McDonald House and delivering cookies to the families (Hyde Park RMH)
- Entertaining the patients at the VA Hospital with music and song (VA hospital – westside)
We will have three drop boxes:
Student Affairs Lounge – Suite 992, AcFac
Student Services – Suite 440, AcFac
Rush Library – 5th Floor AcFac
For information about signing up, contact Sharon Gates
, Senior Director, Multicultural Affairs and Community Service at 312.942.3670 or Laura Rademacher
, Assistant Director, Student Affairs at 312. 942.6302
This event is co-sponsored by the Student National Medical Association, Latino Medical Student Association, The Office of Multicultural Affairs and Community Service, Student Affairs and Rush University.