Pass/No Pass Option

The quarterly Course Schedule indicates all courses that may be taken pass/no pass. Students can choose to take a course for a pass/no pass grade (if the course allows for this option) by submitting the Pass/No Pass form to the Office of the Registrar by the first Friday of the quarter. This decision cannot be changed after the first Friday of the quarter.

Rush Medical College
All Rush Medical College students are graded honors (H), high pass (HP) (for clinical courses in the 3rd and 4th year only), pass (P) or fail (F).

College of Nursing
All required graduate level courses must be taken for a letter grade except NRS-541P, NRS-691, NRS-691A, NRS-699, NRS-650A-E, and NRS-677 which are graded pass/no pass. Electives may be taken on a pass/no pass basis, but pass/no pass grades may not exceed 20 percent of the hours required for a particular exit option.

The Graduate College
Pre-candidacy research is graded pass/no pass in The Graduate College. Divisional policies in The Graduate College vary on the pass/no pass grading for other courses.